Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

powermax tiller

blackfarms1

blackfarms1
Was just wondering, there is a JD 48" tiller on ebay that looks similar to the AC/Simplicity with 2000 rpm cat 0 etc. Does anyone know if they still make parts for these? Will they interchange with a little work? I need a slip clutch for my AC and was just curious. Where do you guys get your parts? Thanks in advance and God bless.

I have seen a few simular tillers sold by JD, may be the same thing as your discribing. I would say that if it's sold by JD then they should still have most parts availiable for it. I can say that if it's a Cat-O and 2000RPM tiller it will hook right up and go to work behind a Powermax. I do know that several JD attachments were in fact the same 2000 RPM/Cat-O stuff as JD used this for awhile as did Massey Ferguson and of course Simplicity/AC.

I looked at the tiller yesterday and I really think it is way over priced, Im pretty sure you can get a brand new tiller for that,, I mean wow 700.00 plus

Yep I would ck with JD, also I cant remember the name but Im sure someone makes a 2000 rpm unit. On Ebay there is an adapter unit that converts a 2000 rpm unit to a 540 rpm, last time I saw it, it was going for 500.00, but there must be more than 1 out there. Good luck, Tim