Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

7116 owners I need help!!

Killer_A-C

The kill wire from the switch worked loose prior to me getting the tractor. Could someone send me a pic of theres? It has electronic ignition.TIA

I don't have any pictures of mine right now and it is pretty buried for hibernation over in the barn, but here are a couple of diagrams from the repair manual that might help.

Matt, Here's a pic of the back of a Briggs Ignition switch. The alligator clip is connected to the kill wire connector:

Here is a pic on the ignition switch connector from a 7116 wiring harness I got as a spare on E-bay, the yellow wire is the kill wire:

Here's a pic of the back of the dash of my 16HP Briggs re-powered GTH-L with the ignition switch visible at the top left:

Here's a pic of the connection at the engine:

The Briggs is a 16HP single cylinder with magnetron ignition. The standoff is located behind the carb, where the points box was in older engines. In the pic, you can see the black wire heading up to the coil area. The red wire is my custom wire from my re-power project; the other end of the red wire is connected to the ignition switch.