Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

todays work

bigtenboy65

bigtenboy65
so my big ten did indeed throw the rod as i was told it would, i knew it would happen just when was the question, so i took the engne off today ad took the oil pan off and the head and shroud and other parts, so the piston is stuck in there because i didnt have the correct socket to remover the flywheel. i got the "rod" out which isnt even a rod anymore it shattered everywere but luckily all the pieces went down to the pan, so i call the closest briggs dealer and they quoted the new rod, piston, piston rings clips and pin and the mechanical gov at 220 dollars does anybody have an engine that would fit or parts or any suggestions

I'd take the rest of the engine apart and thoroughly check everything before ordering anything. The crank may be worn or out of round, the cylinder might need to bored and the bearings might be shot. Simply putting in a new rod and piston may not solve anything for very long.

bigtenboy65
thanks guys i bought a 243431 this morning from a friend, i just need to put it in and bolt everything up/wire it all

bigtenboy65
the model number of the engine, my bad, my ugly allis is going to be uglier because the engine is orange and black