Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

7790 value

bigtenboy65

bigtenboy65
hey guys, my local simplicity dealer has a 7790 that they got for a trade in, they want $650 for it, it runs and drives and it has a mower deck and a blower, is this worth it, my dad does some landscaping jobs, like patio's and i figured i could help level ground and stuff so he doesnt have to rent a walk behind loader, would this be worth it for $650? if its not should i make them an offer, if so how much

Sounds not too bad. Start at $400.00 and see if he comes down. If he does a bid offer him $25.00 more. Most used equipment starts with an asking price, sometimes you can bargin, sometimes not, but worth trying.

bigtenboy65
okay, i dont think it will move for a while, i know the guy, hes nice but usually asks to much, i dont think he will bargain but i can always try, how rare is a 7790? my grandfather bought his new prestige there in 07. if i were to get this how hard would it be to work on the engine, im definetly not a diesel mechanic so it would be a little hard, also can i use the plow from my big ten on it

I would figure its a $1000 tractor if everything is in tip top shape. The snowblower is probably worth $150-$300.

If it is at EM Herrs, don't even waste your breath. He has never dropped his asking price on anything I have looked at. If it is at Grimilli's you might have a chance. As far as attachements, you would need a newer style mount for the plow. Check it over pretty good, engine parts are fairly expensive, more so than Briggs parts.

bigtenboy65
yeah its at herrs, i know him personally but he hasnt ever dropped a price, he did give me two sets of s tread tires for free, they were a little dry rotted but they will definetly work

Good luck on the 7790 Gannon, sounds like you are building quite a fleet. I'm out of town on business this week, but when I get back I am going to start "spring cleaning". I might have a plow frame, and rear lift available and also I am going to part out a B-10, I know you were looking for some parts for them also. I'll send you a PM when I have the list of excess stuff I need to move out.

bigtenboy65
sounds good, ill be looking, i traded my b-10 for parts for a mini riding mower but i still have the seven hundred and the big ten, im selling my sears ss12 and im trying to buy more every time i see a good deal