Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

belt drive clutch

nateb17010

has anyone tried to put the old style of belt drive clutch/idler set up in a long frame tractor? I have not like the set up on the 7010 for as long as I have owned it. tho I like the b-10 set up and think it's a better system. what's your thoughts? should it be done?

If you don't like the cone clutch, maybe you could get a PTO from a 3300 series tractor and convert it. They were an earlier RBT which did not come with a cone clutch.

sorry I did not mean the cone clutch I meant the drive side that runs the rear end to the BGB. the b series uses the upward motion where the 7010 uses the downward motion which doesn't allow the belt to run in the pulleys as much as it could. or it has less contact surface area on the pulleys, which allows more slippage. it has been a modification I had it in mind for some time, and was just wandering if any one has tried this set up.

on the side note: yes and no on the cone clutch $75.00 is the bad part but there is only 1 belt to play with as far as adjustments go.