Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

BGB parts

cojo92

ok i got some NOS bgb gears but i need new seal kit and bearings. anyone no where i can get them. since my b 12 is apart and being restored this week i figured id rebuilt the bgb since it is loose and looks worn out. B) Thanks in advance! MIKE

My B-12 is the same way, BGB is completely shot. Now to answer your question. Do you have a parts manual with Simplicity #'s? The seals and bearings are all available from your local Simplicity dealer but not as a kit, you have to order each one separate. Be sure to get your woodruff keys, some extra shim washers, and a new compression washer for where the input gear bolts on the shaft.

Mike - I priced out all the bearings and seals recently on Jackssmallengines.com. In case you don't have the manual, search for manual for Model 990399 (Landlord 2012)in the search for manuals box in this site. Once you have the the manual, you can find all the parts numbers on the BGB diagram. Type the part numbers in the search box in the Jack's website to pull up the parts and prices. Put them in your cart and head to the checkout. I am sure that Sandy Lake Implement can get them for you too. Glen

yes thats what im doing now thanks guys! Boy is it pricey to rebuilt these bgb's. B) think i gotta save some $ and ask dad to order them and i pay him ;) (someday)