Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-212 finished

GWGAllisfan

GWGAllisfan
Some pictures of the finished B-212 project. I still have to assemble the PTO drive and do some final adjustments, but it's been out of the garage under it's own power.
[img]/club2/attach/GWGAllisfan/100_3160_smaller.JPG[/img]
Left side
[img]/club2/attach/GWGAllisfan/100_3161_smaller.JPG[/img]
3/4 from front
[img]/club2/attach/GWGAllisfan/100_3163_smaller.JPG[/img]
This show's the seat modificcation I came up with. Late model seat brackets, with Sears seat springs and spring caps. Only one hole needed to be drilled, and it was just an enlargement. The inner holes where simplicity springs usually go, are almost perfect for pattern for the seats from Northern Tool.
[img]/club2/attach/GWGAllisfan/100_3164_smaller.JPG[/img]
Right side
[img]/club2/attach/GWGAllisfan/100_3165_smaller.JPG[/img]
Rear
[img]/club2/attach/GWGAllisfan/100_3166_smaller.JPG[/img]
Front. The tractor is runing in most of these pictures.

You did yourself proud on that one Randy. Very nice work. I like the seat setup and will have to check into the Sears springs for sure. It looks showroom fresh.

GWGAllisfan
Thanks for the kind words. This one was trying. I really felt the lack of time, equipment, and drive, on this one. Some answers to the questions: Mike, the seat springs are from Sears: 124181X is the spring and 124238X is the cover. They are used on many of the AYP/Poulan power riding garden tractors, so they are readily available. I think they were about 3-4 dollars each when I last bought them. The grille and side pieces were just wire brushed, sanded then painted with Duplicolor spray chrome. They look pretty good from a distance. I’ve been trying to find someone to make a set or two of the side plates from stainless steel, but haven’t found someone to do it yet. I know the grille perforated metal is available, at least in plain steel, but it would take a press to recreate the wave stamped in it. The body paint is Aerosol Valspar Equipment Yellow, while the wheels are IH white, both from Tractor Supply. This yellow is slightly darker than the Ace “rust stop” equipment yellow, and seems a little less resistant to scratching. I had used the IH white on the hood of a 7112 and liked the colour, (and had a can left over) so I used it for these wheels. There’s also a little Ace aluminium paint as well. Roy, yes this is the one my daughter and I were working on together. As it turned out, every member of the family has had a hand in it.

Beast of Beauty Randy, great job. like your seat mod also, any spring added to these ole ones has to help in a less then perfectly smooth yard, like mine.

Michiganmobileman
Looks brand new!! Good thing theres a date on the picture we might think you were fooling us;);). Kinda like the looks of the green stuff you got growing there too. Greg

very very nice job !!! you got to be proud of that one :D B-112, very nice machine.Glad to see you brought her back to life,I'm sure you'll get another 40 years out of her, Thanks for the pics.