Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Need pic of correct B-1 S/G setup

AC_B-1Novice

AC_B-1Novice
My setup is all wrong and it would really help me if someone could send me a picture of the proper setup from the starter/generator side and the carb side also so I can see what the original looks like. Also if you know where might I find the number on my motor so I can get a manual for it I would appreciate that also. Thanks larry

Should be a model 19 engine and be marked on engine plate above and to the left of the crank. Why don't you download the Simplicity 725 manual 990271. I has good diagrams.

AC_B-1Novice
THANKS ambler I'll look for the model # and download the 725 manual which I guess is the same as for the B-1. I sure need the knowledge because I don't have it available around here. Seems they are mostly jd's

AC_B-1Novice
I went to the manuals page and it asks for the Mfg #. I entered all three numbers from your post and it brings me up nothing. It just says 'done' Can you post the link to the manual so I can get it. thanks again. larry

B-1 should be the same as this manual [url]http://www.simplicitymfg.com/document/index.cfm?doc=TP_400_1231_00_LL_S_LO.pdf[/url]

quote:
Originally posted by AC_B-1Novice
My setup is all wrong and it would really help me if someone could send me a picture of the proper setup from the starter/generator side and the carb side also so I can see what the original looks like.
Try this http://www.simpletractors.com/images/b-1/starter_lg.jpg

AC_B-1Novice
Thanks to all of you fine folks. I think I'm ready to fix it. I'll take lots of pictures of the wrong and the right. It might help someone else in the future. larry

Perry When posting A URL or a Img URL please start a new line before inserting it as I have corrected in your post above Thank You