Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

SLOW Landlord

Bobbyb13

I bought a 18 hp, 50 inch cut Landlord with blade, Wheel weights, and plow. Hydralic lift. It is like new. The 86 year old Gent that had it took it back to the dealer because it was to fast. They told him they changed the pump on the hydro to slow it down. I just don't buy this. Is there a way to up the pressure, adjust the linkage, whatever to speed this mower up. I can walk slow, and that is faster than it will run ground speed wise. RPM on the engine is correct. Suggestions?

I think the simplest way(assuming there isn't a hydraulic adjustment/restricting orifice) is to change the pulley sizes. It sounds like there may be an "alternate" setup, like what the older ones had oriented to till and plow. Just a thought.

I would definitely check the pullies to make sure they are the right size. I find it hard to believe they changed the pump.

They probably limited the travel of the speed actuator linkage to the hydrostatic speed control lever. The speed is controlled by how far forward the lever is moved. This could be done by altering the cam control and roller.

It is a 2001 model. anybody know the correct pulley size? Where would I look for a manuel to set all the levers. It creeps badly rearward in neutral.

You can download a manual at the link below. Just type in your MFG. No. in the box. http://www.simplicitymfg.com/manuals/