Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Deep snow

ka9bxg

Has anybody modified a snowblower for the deep snow? I have been getting a lot of big drifts this year 3 feet plus.Anybody that has tryed to move this deep snow knows what I am talking about. I would like to do something so I can get through the drifts. Lets here some ideas.Bob

I just use it as is... Sometimes the snow goes over the top and I just make a second path...I have kicked around the idea of making sides to widen the path but it would not clean down as well.

Bob, Get that welder out and make a stacked double auger blower like the big trucks use. ;) Seriously, what about drift cutters on both sides.

When I used walk behind units for a living, we would barge through 3-4 ft high drifts and it would flow over the top. The drift cutters make a difference, but you just go through and do it again to get the rest. Sometimes 3 passes.

Had that problem the first year I had a 36 inch on the 725 that came with my B-112. contemplated stacking two of them up but haven't had that much snow since so it kinda fell off the thinking burner.:(

Drift cutters don't help. I have a set on now the snow this year has been very hard packed.Tractor with chains and weight does'nt do it.It is nice to have my home made cab on