Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Homelite T-10 progress

JimDk

I am making some progress on the Homelite. I need to paint the hood, wheels, and fender/seat pan. I have not touched the engine, yet. It might be done by tractor show season.:):) Right side. I got lucky. The dash decal cleaned up well.

Left side.

yes I will need them when I try to put some thing I tore a part 4 years a go and just now took it off the shelf to start again.

I've always liked smaller versions of field tractors in this hobby and have been partial to AC. However, your bright blue restoration causes me to rethink considering a Homelite. I like it

Like a wolf in sheep's clothing, I guess you could call it an Allis in Ford clothing.:D:D. That is Ford blue paint.

Paint job looking good Jim. Hopefully that brand of paint color doesn't turn it into a 'fix or repair daily' tractor.

at least it's not little boys bow tie orange. :D lol I love the color blue don't you. good job on yours hears is mine

not much blue any more but you know. it's going to be a puller and I have been asked why my 7010 puller never got shinny. so I was making this one shinny. I plan to put a V twin 18 - 20 honda new never ran took out of a non AC tractor for $200.00 and sold the bones for 100.00 not bad for a new engine.

"I plan to put a V twin 18 - 20 honda new never ran took out of a non AC tractor for $200.00 and sold the bones for 100.00 not bad for a new engine." Uh, where do I find one of those deals?????????????

I agree, Roy. I'm always on the other side of the fence when those deals come along. A local dealer has a mid 90's Landlord with a blown 18 hp Vanguard. It would make a nice rig if I could find a reasonably priced engine, but not worth $800 for a new one. Nate, that is a wild looking Homelite. Good luck pulling with it.

one word "auctions" even when they don't say any thing about a tractor. you never know what will be there. I have to start to Finish it soon if I want to pull it this year. keep posting pictures on yours. I will need the help even thew I have micro phish and books and there a cake walk for me I just like to see pic.

Nate, I do go to an auction now and then, mostly to look for Allis/ Simplicity items. I read on this site that some members pick up a Craftsman or MTD for the later model engines. I guess I'll have to start looking at them. Most of the box store tractors in the cheap rows don't run and it's hard to tell if the engine is good. I dont want any more projects right now, so it was easy to walk away from that Landlord. If you need pictures to help with your Homelite assembly, let me know. I have some others that I have not posted. Jim

just keep on posting them there not much info on them here even thew they are just a modified b110/700 with other parts just to make it different. just to see how it was built is cool and mine will not be stock like yours will be. looking good just need an up date pic on it. I'd love to see a sales add, and the price new and where they where sold. just a history on them would be nice. I know simplicity made them.

quote:
Originally posted by nateb17010
just keep on posting them there not much info on them here even thew they are just a modified b110/700 with other parts just to make it different. just to see how it was built is cool and mine will not be stock like yours will be. looking good just need an up date pic on it. I'd love to see a sales add, and the price new and where they where sold. just a history on them would be nice. I know simplicity made them.
If you look on the SimpleTractors link at the top right of this page you can find some information and brochures for the Homelite tractors. Here is a link directly to the Homelites. http://www.simpletractors.com/Main/homelite.htm Dan

ya like I said little info go on. I guess I wanted more. it the same thing that was on the site back in 2000. I wish we could do more or add to better the homelights and monkey words squire models that was made by simplicity.

did you get it done yet? is it running? yes I would like to see more pic on this tractor if you have them. thanks

Nate, Not much progress to report. I have been taking advantage of the nice weather to do some outside work. If there are any particular parts or assembly that you need pictures of, send me a pm and I will get them to you. Jim

thanks Jim. no particular parts or assembly that I need right now and I have been doing the same. just striped and now parting out the f150, and making a trailer out of it. looking for a new one, farm auctions, busy busy I under stand. just did not want to see this thread die.

farmtoybuilder
Looking Good!sm01 We have an older model T-10 we restored and my youngest daughter pulls in our clubs stock garden tractor pulls with it. Still need to have new decals made for it and do 42" mower yet.