Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Broadmoor upgrade to 12hp + other goodies

cojo92

i have had so many ###### off momentsC with this little guy. the 8hp repower that was in it i got running and use for some grass duty in the summer but then this winter it didnt like to start and I got mad and broke the recoil string clean off trying to pull start it.(gave me big blisers in my hand) so i put this big boy motor in it but needed some front grill modification. painted it after too.

This is the 8hp that was in it...

swaped the pulleys on the motors. having trouble wireing it up. can anyone help. Thanks and enjoy the pictures :D Mike

Does the 12 horse have an alternator on it? Look for a plug with 2 pins sticking out from under the flywheel.

thanks guys! and yes paul bigger is def. better! :D and Zach it might ill post a better pic of the motor 2morrow.

Only thing I would advise doing,,,,, is cover up that decal!!&:) LOL! Looks like a nice snug fit, should pep it up a bit.dOd

yeah i no lol. but hey its a briggs motor so it kinda cancels out the decal hahaa. and yeah im going to make a few more modifications and then twire it up and test it then ill paint the motor.

MowerMechanic
i put that same motor on my boys 717, i just used a wireing harness from an old craftsman. worked like a charm. his 12hp even says crapsman on it lol

Do you have wire harness from the tractor that you got motor from? If I took a picture of mine you would not see any thing all the extra wires from the donor harness are all balled upand its a taped together mess under the gas tank.But if you can find a wire harness .Im sure we can get you up and running