Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

5010 LTD (Updated with pics.)

bud119195

anyone everseen a 5010 LTD broadmoor? Picked a complete one up tonight for $30 She's a little rough and It even has a chrome grill and chrome headlights.

hopeing for nice weather so I can get started on the restoration

mowerman1193
I had a pretty clean one a few years ago..Nice little tractors, i might have kept it if i could have found the 42" mower for it..These have the swept forward front axle to accept a 42" mower deck..

mowerman1193
I know I posted some on here of the one I had but I did a search and cant find them..So I dug through some of my pictures and found a couple shots..I have more somewhere after I had cleaned it all up..Just not sure where..If I can remember how to post pics now, LOL

Hope this was what you was looking for..I will see if I can find my other pictures later..Probably lost on my old PC..

Nice with the chrome.. I have 2 Homelite CT-10's which are similar. With the 42" decks they make a very fuel efficient mowing machine. Been accumulating attachments for them to make them more useful. I think around $20-$30 is all I gave for each of them too.

mowerman1193
That is what I always liked about the Broadmoors..They was cheap on gas and you could pick them up cheap..I gave $50 for the one above but it had a brand new mower deck shell..I wish I had kept it..I have been thinking about placing a wanted ad for Broadmoors to see what I can come up with..I used to see them all over the place but I think most of them went to the scrap back last summer when scrap was up so high..most all the lawn equipment is cleaned up around this area..

Mowerman That is what I was looking for .I guess the gray seat on mine is correct and has that big old ugly mufler My deck is white wich is probably correct since you said yours has been changed .Thanks Pics of mine will be in show and tell later.

Great Broadmoor! I know that some of you guys (Sam?) have run hundreds of tractors - probably every model that AC/Simplicity ever made ... and now your see the real beauty of these Broadmoors! They are the best mowing machines, yet still have enough guts to push or blow snow and run a tiller. And that ugly muffler is the best part of the 5010, too. The 10 hp in that tractor, with that muffler, is the quietest 10 engine you will ever hear on an old tractor. It is estremely light and it can run a 42" deck. I run oversze tires to make an even light footprint on the turf. I like the chrome on the LTD, too! Tom

Got it running tonight after a good carb cleaning and .Tom you are correct the ugly muffler is nice and quiet.The motor has been changed to a 12hp but as they say bigger is better. Now its time to do the tear down and start cleaning and painting.