Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
sbull78

2 allis b-10's deal or no deal???

sbull78
hey guys, i have a chance to buy 2 alli b-10's for 300 bux. they are all there for the most part..one of them the motor turns by hand and the owner who i don't know well enough to be trusted says it ran fine when he parked it 10 years ago..the other he said is locked up..it also comes with a snow dirt blade and part of the belly grader...they are in rough shape and he is not willing to budge off the 300 even though they have sat for at least 10 years.the hood and grill are on both of them and one of them has a broken frame just below the seat.my question is would it be worth it even if both motors are absolute junk and what are some of the features of these machines. I was actually buying a tiller for my 6216 from him and saw those 2 in the back of his barn next to about 5 other mtd, toro and yard kings...Thanks you guys are the best!!! i forgot to ad it also comes with a 42 in simplicity deck that fits it as well

RayS
The grader blades sometimes bring that price on ebay. Here is a link to some of the features of the tractor. http://www.simpletractors.com/models/b_series/1966_cat/b-10_%26_b-12.htm

dentwizz
Thats the price and scenario that I got my 9hp/2010 deal to start the collection. I would say that between the two you should be able to make a good one, if not two. Parts are worth a lot more than that, anyhow.

nateb17010
sbull78: I would not even think about it if I had the $300.00 eating a hole in my pocket, I would. are they early or late b-10's? I look at the implements that come with. if there are 3 fig 100.00 per implement. other way BGB over $100.00 to rebuild. rear end $50-75.00 X 2 = 300 + implements free, ANY MORE QUESTIONS? go get it already.

Vinnie_A
Yes these tractors are worth the $300 but do not assume the deck, dirt plow and grader blade are worth $100 each.The last two dirt plows I sold went for under $40 each which were in good condition including the frames.The condition of the deck was never mentioned and if the spindles are bad the value of the deck is questionable.The description states there is PART of a belly grader which part is it the blade or the frame? I did sell a completely restord large frame belly grader and I think that went for around $200.One of these sold last week on ebay for $112.This is just my opinion and would like to see more feedback on this .

B-16_IC
quote:
Originally posted by sbull78
you have convinced me to get them!!!what am i going to do with them i don't know but i figure that out later...thanks for your help!!!
Gonna buy'em, but don't know what you're going to do with them?! I like your way of thinking!dOd Same way I buy most of my stuff.:D Don't worry, the what to do with them part will bring itself about.;) They are fun tractors to operate, and easy to work on.8D