Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
steve-wis

tire question and blade pics

steve-wis
Hi, Got my snow blade and hitch yesterday and mounted it up today....some pics attached. Now would like to put an ag. type tire on the back, with lugs, do they make these in this small of a size? Thinking it would look cool with ag. tires and chains along with maybe a fresh paint job. Also a pic of the bushing I made for the tower where the steering shaft comes thru. It is delrin, and I also put a stainless sleeve over the shaft that covers the shaft from the steering wheel to the bushing. After I was done, I saw a pic of a 616 and I think that bushing is supposed to be black, but white doesn't look too bad. What do you think? Steve

steve-wis
If I do repaint this one, will sand blast and primer anything that needs it. Not much of a painter, but that seems to work the best for me. If it is just dull or faded but otherwise ok, I rub it down with steel wool and then paint it, seems to work ok for me. Thanks for the info on por, another bit of knowledge from the club! Steve

Iraqnbackvet
I know this is a delayed reply, but I have used POR15 for years. Members are correct in being sure you prep properly. POR 15 is extremely rugged and can provide a very durable undercoat for paint.....BUT...if not used properly it will come off in sheets, bubble etc. People use it wrong and then trash the product all the time. Heres the deal on its durability, DO NOT get it on your hands!! It says on the label "only time will remove it". Its true. If you dont clean the rim of the can after use you WILL be ripping the metal lid opened with pliers. Poor ONLY what you need into a small plasic container and immediately clean and seal the can. Store the can in the refrigerator. POR15 goe a LONG way so dont poor too much. It applies beautifully with a brush and flows out great. It will peel off clean sandblasted metal. Normally this would be a great surface for paint, but POR prefers some rust, even a slight coating of oxidation. It IS moisture cured and does prefer humidity. It is expensive but I do recommend using thier prep chemicals as well. Simply follow the directions. DO NOT think you can let it dry then paint over it. The paint will peel off. The ideal time to spray on a primer coat or paint is just when you can touch the POR and it is a little tacky (almost dry). I usually will dust on a coat of primer just for the sake of being able to have a sandable coat for when I'm ready to paint. Good luck!