Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My First simplicity and it was free

mooseman3210

mooseman3210

[img]Got a call from one of the guys i used to work with a couple of days ago asking me if i still rebuilt tractor's ."of course i said" yes" but hadn't been able to do much the year due to money issue's . With the loss of my job and trying to get in to a new career . He told me he was unable to find a mower deck for his tractor and wanted to know if i would take this off his hands for him he went and got him a new mower and had no place to store it .... No problem i said . i have plentyof room . this is what i found when i got there . runs like a champ and every thing works . Had to put new battery in and some fresh gas . so all in all total for the tractor was gas to get it 13.00 Battery "i had" 0.00 gas to put in it 6.50 tractor FREEEEEEEEEEE less then 20 dollers for this
[img]/club2/attach/mooseman3210/new 7116 tractor 1.jpg[/img]

Michiganmobileman
Looks like a great dealdOd, hard to beat anything free especially when it turns out to be in such good shape. Greg

Just gotta love a free, running 16HP tractor! That's what we live for. If ya want, I'll give you the $19.50 that you're out because I have a deck I can put that on.

mooseman3210
thanks guys for the comments . I'm going to get her a washed up and cleaned with the pressure washer tomorrow . anyone have or know of anyone around the New york area that might have a mower deck for it ???

joshuaareed
Nice Moose, I also have a mower deck that will fit that tractor but it sits under my 7112 and I am keeping it. Sweet deal

Don't have a deck but I've seen your work on here before and I hope you can work your magic on this find, would love to see the pictures.

That has to be one of the best freebies I can recall, especially such a desirable model, 16hp briggs and a sunstrand hydro!

mooseman3210
UCD the mower deck that is on it has the same problem most of the others fall victim to the front mount is completely gone rusted trough and the mounting brackets are rusted i took it off today and it would take a lot of new metal and some one better than me to do it i can spot weld and do some basic stuff but that is a major job . (maybe i'll try to see what i can do with it couldn't hurt) but every deck i have ever tried to fix ends up falling apart in another spot within a month . plus the little welder i have i don't think is up to the task ...

mooseman3210
here is a pic of the mower deck you can see what i mean by it I'll take some pic's tomorrow of the hole thing . let me know any opinions you might have is it fixable or not fixable ????

mooseman3210
WELL after some much need cleaning and a lot of time on the pressure washer i got the deck cleaned. As i thought the shell is shot if i cut the deck in half and re-fab the front it might work (not):O everything else is in good shape if anyone knows or has a shell please let me know if we could make a deal . thanks

I am sure there is a deck in your future. Some member here has an extra one. Sure wish I had that tractor given to me. Have fun with it. Dan aka IronPony