Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

As promissed - 3212H painted

ddavie

Thanks fellas. Someday, i hope to stumble accross an original seat in nice condition but it's not a priority. it runs good and mows good

quote:
Originally posted by bud119195
Looks nice . Where did you get the wood grain for side of cowl? or is it origional?
I had to remove the old wood grain decals to paint it. they were in bad shape anyway. I had some of this vinyl shelf paper that looked just like it so i added it. Looks good to me. The only other decal i removed was the hood decal. the rest i taped over to save them. I'll order the hood decal soon

Vinyl shelf paper is for indoor use so may not hold up for long. There are all kinds of vendors for durable sheet vinyl made up to your specs that will last indefinitely, although the price can be spendy. Bottom line, a 32121H put together like you have done is something to enjoy and be proud of; that is a real nice, rare tractor.

quote:
Originally posted by rsnik
Vinyl shelf paper is for indoor use so may not hold up for long. There are all kinds of vendors for durable sheet vinyl made up to your specs that will last indefinitely, although the price can be spendy. Bottom line, a 32121H put together like you have done is something to enjoy and be proud of; that is a real nice, rare tractor.
Correct, but considering it's now garage kept unless i am mowing with it, I figured how could i go wrong ;) That should last for some time and i have a bunch left.

TSC, Theisen's, and other farm stores had a nice looking seat, black, little bucket seat. but.....you would have to drill a couple of holes in the seat deck. I'm looking to get one and try it out my self.