Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
chuckrts

Suggested trans fliud for 7016H trans

RayS
In my Allis 716H operators manual it states that you can use Allis Chalmers power fluid 401 or Dexron automatic transmission fluid. In my Allis Chalmers 917H the manual states to use Allis-Chalmers power fluid 821. My Simplicity operators manual states to use Simplicity Multi-Purpose Hydraulic/ Transmission fluid or Type F automatic transmission fluid. So you can use what is stated in the above manuals since they are the same Sundstrand system. Allis Chalmers power fluid 401 Allis Chalmers power fluid 821 Dexron Simplicity Multi-Purpose Hydraulic/ Transmission fluid Type F automatic transmission fluid

Roy
"So you can use what is stated in the above manuals since they are the same Sundstrand system. Allis Chalmers power fluid 401 Allis Chalmers power fluid 821 Dexron Simplicity Multi-Purpose Hydraulic/ Transmission fluid Type F automatic transmission fluid" Apparently the Sundstrand's are not very sensitive to fluids of different viscosity. I know from years past that Ford Type F ATF was "stiffer" (read high friction} than Dexron ATF which GM used for "softer shifts" so they could get away with less sturdy internal components in their slush boxes. Guess my question is, does anyone know what the life and performance differences are for a Sundstrand with a specific given hydraulic fluid?? ? Just curious. Edit: Changed from (read higher viscosity) to (read high friction) after a little research.

BrianL
I've acquired an AC 912H - my first hydrostatic. Ran great last year, has issues climbing hills now. I suspect low fluid, but wanted to get some on hand before opening it up. Manual calls for AC power fluid 821. I see the discussion above re. using a wide variety of fluids. Of course I have no idea what's in it. Any probable issues from mixing fluids? What's the best bet to top up with? (And, where does one get AC power fluid 821 or a close substitute?) Didn't take long to get spoiled on the hydro, but the old 3410 3spd was easier to comprehend... thanks in advance, Brian