Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Spring hatch...

rsnik

Maybe no more salt on the roads so the Z28 convertible gets the cover pulled off and comes out of the garage where it has been buried under boxes and stuff:

It gets waxed and a car cover put on it before put away so the paint is still shiny when the cover comes off. Check out this picture of the trees in the yard reflected in the paint:

mooseman3210
you have that car parked awfully close to the tractor be sure you move the tractor before moving the car you don't want to scratch the paint on the tractor ...:O:O:O

Ok, more pics. Uh, aluminum LS1 V8, 6 speed Borg-Ward manual, 350 ft/lbs of torque at the flywheel, +/- 300 HP at the rear wheels,. 0-60 mph in the 5's, quarter mile in the 13's, 170 mph top end. 2000 year model, 45K miles. This has all of the Chevy high performance options, including, suspension, traction control and Zexel Torsen gear driven posi rear end, as opposed to being an SS built by SLP. It has 1LE as opposed to the SS, SLP Y2Y suspension package. I favor the 245/50/16 1LE suspension which I can handle as opposed to the stiffer SS, Y2Y 175/50/17 suspension as I like to slip slide around at the limits just a little as opposed to hitting the limit and abruptly breaking loose. I also don't like the way those big SS, 175//50/17 wheels and tires on the SS cars built by SLP eat brake rotors just from slowing all that mass down. The car is down at the shop right now for new shocks. Probably $ouch.

Hey Marty, I have not forgot about you. The car came out of the black hole and I think I saw something with your name on it back in there. :D

Would that be what you call a mid-life crisis machine?? For my mid-life I bought a tractor,sure didn't impress the ladies much but I like it. Nice looking Z.

Yep Willy, it sure was. I got it when I was around 50 and still had the reflexes to drive it hard and needed to feel like "I've still got it". Now I am getting to be more like 60 and the reflexes along with whatever "it" was is definitely "gone for good", so the car gets driven to church on Sunday. :D:o)

Simplicity85
These are my friends vehicles. There is a 68 Charger with wedge motor 720HP BB with HEMI 4 speed on the floor AKA General Lee. And a 87 Chevy c-10 with 350 SB. There both FAST. Oh and one bad pic of me in front of it.:O:O:O:D Oh well.