Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
nrallen

Kohler Motor?

nrallen
Hi guys, My brother is looking at a tractor he wants to buy. He says it is a 919 with a Kohler K381AS. I can't find any info on a Kohler 381, is there such a thing? Thanks, Neil

PeppyDan
I don't believe there is a Kohler K381, but there was a K361 single cylinder 18hp OHV, a K341, single cylinder 16hp flat head, K321, single cylinder 14hp flat head, K301, single cylinder 12hp flat head, & K241, single cylinder 10hp flat head engine. There are also some smaller K series engines but I did not mention them because they are small hp engines. The 919 originally should have a KT19 twin opposing cylinder 19hp flat head engine while the 917 should have come with a KT17 twin opposing cylinder 17hp flat head engine. I hope someone corrects me if I'm wrong but I think Kohler only had a "Series 2" engine for the KT19 but the KT17 could be "Series 1 or Series 2" Dan

xenon172
I like the idea of a K381, that would have been a real monster if they had made one. The displacement would put it in the 19 to 20 horsepower range. Who knows maybe they had an experimental one for testing out in the field which would make this a very unique machine. To the best of my knowledge a K381 does not exist and I believe Dan is 100% correct in his answer