Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  

3210V bevel gear box set up

Got all the parts needed to put my bevel gear box back together, thanks Sandy Lake for the great service. Would someone please scan the service manual instructions for this job and post them here? Tonight I started putting it all together and am uncertain about the shim stack on the RH side of the output shaft. What do they rest against to provide a solid adjustment. My shims fit down below the case surface abou 3/32" which doesn't seem right. Am I doing something wrong or overlooking something? What is the correct procedure? many thanx in advance.

Brent_Baumer
My dealer told me once that he had a video on doing a bevel gear box rebuild. You might check with your local dealer, if he has one he might let you borrow it, or order one for you. Brent

Mack
The shims are sandwiched between the BGB and the frame side plate. Use more or less shims to achieve proper gear backlash. Just make sure the drive and driven gears haven't been mixed up, all bearings and seals are properly seated, and the shaft keys and snap rings are properly positioned. I would also suggest you replace the 2 concave washers and thin head bolt for the drive gear, and torque the bolt accurately.