Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Pulley help

ike

I just swapped out motors on my allis chalmers tractors. I did not realize until the motor was in the crankshafts were not the same size. what I need is the crank drive pully but it has to fit one inch diameter cranks. This is for my 300 series Ac tractor. Can any of you steer me in the right direction? Thanks, Mark

let me ask this, you have me a little confused are you asking about, the front pto, or the fan side on the crank "flywheel". if it for the front pto side of the engine, then all I would do is go down to the farm store and get the one you need they should have it in cast, aluminum, and stamped steel. I personally would buy the cast pulley, and stay a way from the aluminum pulleys. if it on the flywheel side I don't have a answer of that never had that problem yet?

Ike I went through this last year when i swapped out a 10 horse Kohler for a 16 horse Kohler, on my Allis 310. My solution was to purchase a selectable hub, and pulley from a farm machinery parts counter. you need a hub for a 1" shaft, and a 5.5" pulley. Place the pulley over the hub and wire weld together. insall on the shaft and you are good to go. hope this helps!