Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
MPH

How Many Miles

MPH
Must one drag a piece of 1/4 x 1 1/4 inch flat iron, through tilled garden dirt, with only a couple years in sandy soil, to wear it down to just under 3/4 inch?

Belongs to my 1975 Horse Troy Built that i decided needs some MUCH earned TLC this winter. believe it's on it's 3rd set of tines, might be the 4th, not sure. The new shroud was scored on an auction about 5 years ago, along with the tines that are on it now.

Michiganmobileman
Is your ground thawed out yet Marty or are you just getting ready? Looks like the same model of Troy-bilt that my buddy has. I know it is over thirty years old, second engine but still works great. Greg

johnmonkey
How many gallons of gas? how many miles walked? how many pounds of vegetables? I'm sure some smart person could figure it all out. Interesting points to pondersm00. jh

xenon172
I'd guess somewhere around 100. With a little TLC you will probably go through a few more sets of tines. They are fairly easy to work on and the only real problem I've had was getting one of the tine hubs off. Have fun on your project.

MPH
It's around here somewhere Bob, seen it not long ago. Last time I tried to get it going had it off and the ole girl just didn't want to go to work. It has never tilled without it on and cleaned. Went out with a shovel today and dug one out, well about 3/4 of one, rest made it to the landfill before I caught it being loaded. The key on my tranny shaft has a keyway too far gone to keep, this one looks good. Love my woods, they grow the neatest stuff.:D