Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  

Simplicity 7117

Need help finding a replacement engine for KT17S spec PA 24343.Can't afford new, anyone selling rebuilts or used

I brought home a 7117 a few weeks ago that I got a good deal on. Today I took off the right head hoping to find a stuck valve.(thare was no compression on that side)Well I guess it has a broken rod, the valves move but not the piston. Now this engine is also a 24343 KT17S series two Kohler. From what Ive read about these engines on the web today, Kohler was to have fixed this problem, which was why they needed a series two in the first place. Now should I spend $1000. getting this moter rebuilt? $1400. for a new engine? or sell it and hope to get my money back? Heres a photo if anyone is interested.It also has a tiller, snow plow, and weights & chains http://members.aol.com://wildmanq/7117rear.jpg