Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
JimDk

Spring and the Last of Winter

JimDk
Here is the last patch of snow on my farm. It's a shady area behind my barn. It has been a long winter. I was taking the 917 to the barn for a summer rest, and could not resist taking a picture of the last ( I hope ) snow.

Ted R. Williams
We had some fluries here in Cent. Pa. yesterday, I hope that's not a sign of a bad Spring. I'm ready for mowing season, I got me a little mower for my 1/5 acre this past winter hope to post some pics soon.Oh your 917 may be tired but it still looks good!!

Michiganmobileman
Looks like a nice tractor. But why put it away for the summer:(? You need to get yourself some summer attachments;). We had a fresh inch of snow Saturday morning, came down til about 11:00, then was gone by 2:00. At least this time of year it does not stay long (usually):D Greg

JimDk
Greg, The cone clutch is not working on the 917. I have a nice HB-212 to mow with, also our B-210 which we have owned for about 25 years will still lay down a nice stripe. That A/C 917 was a wreck when I got it. It had a twin Kohler with problems, a homemade plow hitch welded to the frame, broken steering wheel, just to name a few of it's little flaws.8C I got a dash tower and steering parts from Sandy Lake, added a Briggs and built a decent plow tractor. I love the Sunstrand for snow plowing.