Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Time1992

Putting the 4041 back together

Time1992
Well I got some of it back together, some more painting done and I got the tires off the rims so I can sand blast and paint them. T S C just opened a store here so I think I will try their paint for the rims and hood, it takes too long to order it, I just hope the paint is as good and goes on as easy as the Agri supply Majic stuff.

nateb17010
what did you decide on the foot rest? paint, rhino bed liner, or other. I'm starting to see a tractor. I don't have it and I just cant control my thoughts on when I can see it all done. it looking great keep it up. also did you repack the front bearing yet? if not, what size is the spindle? and any pictures on that? did you get the engine painted or rebuilt yet? from your pic I can't tell. I have had great service from crtire but there again I live close and just pick them up "no shipping" they where having a deal on shipping. well just saying it need the tires back on. have fun assembling your tractor and don't scratch your hard work. :D have a great weekend.

Time1992
Thanks guys, Nate I used the Duple Color spray on bed linner for the foot rests/brake pedels and it looks great ( thanks for the tip ) I did paint the engine and did a couple of little things like paint the valve covers , dip stick etc. chrome. The engine is in great shape except maybe the carb we'll see. I did already pack the bearings sorry.