Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Duetz 914 rear axl locked in...

wdodson

AAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!! ngr2ngr2 How do I unlock the rear-end on this tractor. I have forgotten where I read this before. I searched the site but no luck. Thanks ahead, William.

You will need to take the set screws loose on the collar that holds on the right rear wheel. Then pull the hub off the axle. Of course you should remove the wheel first. When you get inside, check the washers that are between the hub and the gear that is attached to the axle. There should only be one washer behind the gear and I think there should be at least two washers between the hub and the gear. If this doesn't unlock the diff, then you need to check the spider gears that mesh with the axle gear and the hub gear. If they are not assembled in an alternating order, they will lock the diff. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions that I could help you with. I have locked and unlocked several of these diffs for tractor pulling.

Well its unlocked. I ended up flipping the inner axl gear. Works perfect, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.