Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tractor Fairy? (my new Simplicity)

Michiganmobileman

Hello, I left these things on the trailer last night

And found this 2010 in its place in the morning;);).

Not really, was a 240 mile trip and a 8 hour ride, but I think it was worth it.:D

Has the wrong gas tank but other than that is real clean and solid. This ones going to find a corner in the new garage and stay covered til time for a restore. The engine sitting on the front of the trailer in the pictures is to go in this T-16

That I have had since last spring but have not had time to work on it yet. The homelite came to me in a trade along with a wider snowblower to use on my AC919, two front blades, a B-112 basket case in pieces, and this tiller, (Sitting on the 7016 but not hooked up yet)

And best of all the weather is getting warmer!!!^ Happy Spring to all. Greg

If you managed to swap those two Ford LGT POJ (Pieces Of Junk) off for a Simplicity you did exceedingly well with the trade. ^ Edited 3/27/09

quote:
Originally posted by Roy
If you managed to swap those two Ford LGT POS's off for a Simplicity you did exceedingly well with the trade. ^
I'm thinking who ever he traded with got robbed. He should have gotten at least 4 Fords for the one Simplicity. Nice trade Greg!

I have to admit I do like the blue those Homelites are painted. Someone here is in the middle of a resto and it really does look good. Yours has the Simplicity-style hood which I think is much better looking than some of the upside-down hoods on some Homelites.

Thanks Guys! I thought I did pretty good too. The Fords, served me well until I knew better, about two years ago now, it just took a little longer to convince the Mrs., as the LGT145 was her mower of choice, til Allis took over:D:D, I think its the Vacuum attachment that really convinced her. Earlier this spring she said the Fords could go, and she thought I was gonna sell them;). Greg Edit per request GD

-----and she thought I was gonna sell them----- So how did that go over??? You did make a mighty fine trade.

quote:
-----and she thought I was gonna sell them----- So how did that go over???
OK After the initial grumping. She still has more musical instruments than I have tractors, so I got a few more to go. Greg

Roy and Greg, if you would edit your post with the abbreviations in it, that would be appreciated. We "the EC/moderators" is under the microscope by a few certain members. If we were to let this go, we would be crucified. Instead of editing your post my self, I figured I'd ask you publicly. I'm hoping it will clam down the scrutinizing and show others that we don't want any swear words, abbreviated or not. I hope you understand and help me out. Thanks

Excellent haul Greg! I just picked up a nice 2010 weekend before last. I apologize ahead of time for questioning the ECs decision to give latitude here and reprimand elsewhere. EC...why the leniency on the infraction? Is this a new thing you guys are trying out? If so, I like the idea immensely. It gives a personal air instead of a robotic action. Just curious why one infraction is reprimanded and another is given latitude to fix before taking action. Thanks guys!

Zippo, it was not too bad, and most likely have been over looked, but seeing we "the EC and moderators" are being watched so diligently, I figured I would try this route. I doubt all the moderators will spend the time to write a post, but I hope some do. It did go rather smoothly. And so Greg doesn't feel like I hijacked his post, nice haul!dOd

Excellent answer Maynard and thanks for the explanation Elon. It's refreshing to say the least. Perhaps there is light at the end of this recent tunnel. And thanks Greg! Back to the topic!! What are your plans with the newly acquired 2010? The destiny of my 2010 has yet to be determined. A new set of rings is eminent. I already have a fogger attachment that doesn't consume lots of oil...lol. Your Homelite appears to be the Simplicity version. I like those over the Allis versions simply because of the right side up hood on the Simplicity versions. Looking forward to the eventual resto pics on the Homelite!!

I think this tractor has never sat outside and was well cared for when used. I am kind of interested to see how well it will shine up, just need the weather to cooperate. I am going to start with just a good power washing and a little elbow grease where needed. Pretty clean non rusty for the most part (except grill & grill sides, I think these were chromed?) but some greasy spots I cant see through yet. The engine has been rebuilt and seems to be AOK, starts right up no smoke at all:). I don't really have a sharp looker yet as my other two tractors are work beasts, would be nice to have one to show off for its looks:D. Plus I may need the smaller deck in a few spots around here as the other two I have are 48 inches. The Homelite is on the other side of that fence, pretty rusty in lots of spots so I think this may get disassembled and given some attention before the other engine goes in. Maybe not a restore but at least halt the effects of age before they get worse, thorough cleaning, repair replace worn parts, remove the rust and paint to match. Would this be a tractor "face lift";)? Greg

Hey Greg! The grill sides are chrome. I use "0000" steel wool then crumpled up aluminum foil in soapy water to clean chrome. I've had good results with neverdul and simichrome on minimal pitting as well. I have two grill frames that I have been able to get the surface rust off of and then I just keep a coat of wax on em. You can see in my gallery where the one landlords chrome is real nice. That wasn't the case when I got it though. Anxious to see her all cleaned up.