Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
mowerman1193

Transaxle ?'s on a 5116 and a 4211

mowerman1193
Both have 5 speed manual transaxles.The 4211 is locked up but,before it locked up it had a spot in it that would feel like you hit the brakes about every 3 foot. The 5116 drive pulley on the transaxle is so loose that the belt comes off.I am guessing that there is a bearing or bushing that is worn? OK here is the deal.My uncle says I can have the 4211 if I fix the 5116.He will pay for the parts. Anyone have any experiance with one?Or anyone have a parts diagram?Any Ideas as to how much labor would cost to have it fixed if I took the transaxle out and took it to a shop? I think I could fix it myself but thought that taking it in could be a option also. Sorry so many questions but I would like to have the 4211 but dont want to get in over my head to get it.I have'nt said whether I would do it or not yet.Would like to get a little information first. Thanks for any advice you can offer, mowerman1193

Al
Hi, The sensation llike hititng the brakes is probably bab shift keys. I would reocmmend that you go to your nearest Tecumseh Peerless dealer and get a manual for these transaxles, or call us at 1-800-462-2218 and we can send you one. Don't know here at the house how much they are, but as I remember they aren't too bad. Good luck, Al