Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
ACGuy

paint

ACGuy
Hi again, guys; This time I have a question about the Simplicity orange and white colors. The orange seems to me to be very similiar to Allis-Chalmers Persian Orange #2. Is it close or am I way off? As for the white, was it pure white or tinted cream or some other color? I have a 738 Broadmoor I'm going to restore in addition to the Roticul, and I want them as authentic as possible. Perhaps I'm a little too picky, but having restored A-C B and WD tractors, I got into the correctness of restoration and did literally hours of research so that they would be nearly as they left the factory. I found there were three different shades of orange that A-C used throughout their history, and I'm naturally curious about Simplicity, too. If there are any books on Simplicity I'd like to get them, if someone can suggest some titles. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I also want to thank everyone for their help and advice since I've found this forum. You guys are tops!

Time1992
On my 4041 I went with the A C Orange, simi gloss black and I am still looking for the Cream for the Hood and Wheels so I hope someone will post it here with a pic, T S C only has Cub Cad beige and IH white, Tim

SimpleTom
Duplicolor DE1607 Chevy orange red engine enamel is almost an exact match to the orange on the 738. It spays on nice also/ I've been using Krylon Ivory for the white. It is the closest match that I have found. Tom

firefoxz1
Hi. There are articles in the tech tip forum on paint. For the $10/year fee you can have access to them and a whole lot more info. For me and probably 95% of the members it is info well worth the $10.