Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Winter Cache

Ted R. Williams

Ted R. Williams
Winter seems to be passed here in Cent. Pa. We've been getting close to 50's during the days but it still goes down to mid 20's at night.Hopefully all the temps will rise. I needed a carb for on of my tractors so a guy near Reading sold me one. When I went to pick it up it was attached to a 914S Allis. He said for a $100 you can have it all so I took it. Been wanting to build a loader of some kind on a tractor. Well I guess this will be the one. It seems solid enough.It has a 16hp Briggs. The front tires were rotted so I put a set on that I had. The wiring is all there. Drive train seem solid and the steering is nice and tight.

Great price, that's what I paid for an Allis Chalmers 710 6 speed about 5 years ago. I bought it from a Gravely / Simplicity dealer and they called it their "Trash Tractor :(" . Ones' man trash is another mans' treasure :D:D:D:D. jh

Ted R. Williams
As for the year I'm not really sure-has a ser.#002126 on it. Probably an 80-82.I have a carb on it I built from parts but haven't tried it yet too many other things going on. Thanks for looking guys.My winter cache isn't over yet!

Sweet way to buy a carb.^ For some reason the picture of the 900 series tractors look 'stockier' the the 7000 series, are they the same wheel base and general size? Maybe it's the solid color.