Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-1 tiller hookup problem

AC_B-1Novice

AC_B-1Novice
The adjustment rod on the lever that starts the tiller on my B-1 Allis hits my seat if I try to pull it up to start tilling. If I push it down a bolt in the adjustment part keeps it from going any farther so it only runs if I hold the lever down and keep holding it. The lever doesn’t seem to lock in place. I'm not sure the belt is threaded properly either. I’m not even sure it is put together properly. I wonder if someone could post a picture of how that is to be assembled and how the belt and idler pulleys are to be threaded. I have lots of manuals but all they show are the parts and assembly but nothing shows the attachment on and assembled. A picture from the left rear showing the proper hookup would really do me fine. I can post a picture of what mine looks like if that would help you understand what I’m up against. larry

AC_B-1Novice
The picture worked like a charm. The belt was strung all wrong but now works. Some minor adjusting and it should be ok. Thanks a bunch.