Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

The rest of the Winter Cache

Ted R. Williams

Ted R. Williams
I live near the end of a short country road on a small piece of ground. I've wanted a mowing tractor for the last 15 years but I could never seem to land a deal on one that was small enough to use on my ground. All my neighbors mow with a tractor, but they all have land thats big enough for one. In January my buddy called and said he had a mower for me if I was interested. He said it wasn't an Allis or Simplicity but was sure it would do the job I was looking for. Well I was interested and what I got(FREE) is a 74 Montgomery Ward,8hp.Briggs, 36 in. rear discharge, Hydro tractor. It works just fine. I figure with Ag tires and a stack muffler it just might be the talk of the neighborhood. Here's the pics!

Simpleton7016
That thing rocks! I hope you are 6'4" or taller to really amplify the dramatic effect! Cool find!

Nice one!dOd I grew up mowing with the three speed side discharge version. Man that thing could pull some wicked wheelies!:p I always liked how easy the deck came off for maintenance, and I could pick up the front end using that bar across the front.