Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC 310 rear PTO?

sammiefish

any ideas here....?? Im trying to find a rototiller for our AC 310 and I wonder if anyone can help. I have checked the cross references here and was able to come up with some information and understand it just enough to be dangerous..... so: On the 310 there is a front PTO that runs the mower deck. That is engaged by a lever that moves the pulley into place. There was an option for an electric front PTO. It looked like a clutch on a car air conditioner compressor. There is also a rear PTO. That was only manual. I do not know how that fits in. I do not think it is on the tractor. Therefore, my questions are: 1) Do I need a rear PTO for any of the tillers? 2) Where do I get a rear PTO assembly? (Is this the "adapter"?) 3) What is the difference between the 1600343 tiller and the 1600346 and the 1690039 4) What is the Adapter kit 1600384 (for 1600346 and 1690039) 5) What is the adapter kit 1685005 (for the 1690039)

It is just a pully on the left side of the BGB and a belt tightener on the tiller. The other tillers do not have the belt tightener on them. You can use it with out, but will not be able to shut it off. It also uses the same belt idlers as on the 3400-7000-7100.

I have a picture but cant figure out how to attach it here. would the beveled gear box keyed shaft be on the left side (driver side)? as the point of attachment for a pulley? and am I correct to assume that what you mean is that the BGB pulley is the same on the 3400-7000-7100?

The 3400, 7000 and 7100 series tractors have a cone clutch to engage the tiller. You need a 5" diameter pulley with a 7/8" bore if you don`t have a cone clutch. It would go on the left side as you described. If you can`t find a tiller that has the clutch engagement handle on the tiller. I have several of them. Only paid members can post pictures.