Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Barn shot six photos right to left

fwo

I was sitting on my D10 and happened to have my camera along, so I just took these six overlapping pictures.

That skid loader is a NH L425 with it's 3rd Wisconsin VH-4D. That skid loader was the first one I ever saw, 1972. It happened to be a day that I had money so I bought it. Also a WD-45 and a D12. Thats a 3414 with no engine.

The two that are covered are a AC-414 and a AC-912-6sp. Thre are near the door and it rains in on them. There are 6 series 300-400 in this picture.

That a AC-616 and an AC-720 with a CA in front.

This is a view into my milking parlor. I just quit milking four years ago. I hardly missed a milking for 47 years. You can see a bunch of Surge belly swingers hanging on the self locks straight in the door. There is one Surge milker in that bunch that my Grandfather bought when they put in the electricity. He wore it out once and had it rebuilt. It's stamped "Factory Rebuilt 1938". It's kinda embarassing but actually there are more little AC's here that I didn't get in these pictures. The veterinarian told my wife that it's a mild (possible harmless) mental disorder.

Haven't missed a milking in 47 years, I think you deserve a tractor for each year. You look to be well on your way, thanks for the pics.

# what's the story of the Land lord? It starts and runs... the single headlight works. I bought it in an auction on my first bid (and the only bid) for $125. It came with a sickle bar, front blade, tiller, deck, and snow blower all included in the $125. The seller said he bought it new and had it for over 40 years.

My hats off to ya for all your years of working. I think you are well on your way for a "tractor a year" :D, for years workrd. jh

Hi, Thanks very much for the kind words, but I am NOT retired (smile). In my experience, a man's peak production years come when he is in his 60's and 70's. Plus, in my opinion, working is not what wears us out. Not working is what wears out a man. With my daughter, we manage the Produce Auction which is built right here on my farm. Last year we held 92 auctions here and sold produce for Amish and English growers (about 1/2 and 1/2). Last year we had 567 registered sellers and over 6000 registered buyers plus quite a few more participating as agri-tourists. Also I have five large greenhouses full of spring flowers which I water entirely by myself. We also grow 7500 fall mums (in pots) and other regular produce crops like pumpkins, watermelon and cantalope. I sell all this stuff through the auction. Plus I'm attempting to build a golf course to maybe provide employment and college money for my five granddaughters and one grandson. I'm not retired and will never willingly retire.

"Plus, in my opinion, working is not what wears us out. Not working is what wears out a man." Tell that to my worn out knees. Apparently they aren't aware of this. :(