Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Landlord Workout

MPH

Got over my trip to Anchorage so got back to work on the Troybuilt. Found my transmission drive shaft to have a VERY worn out keyway, so does the pulley. Used the B-112 and blower first, then got the LL out to get me to the 'edge of woods' stach saved from the landfill many years ago.

There it is

Engine inside the van, I need the engine hangging mount as mine is worn outta round .050. My engine hasn't gone straight up and down for several years.

The prize, back at the shop

Shaft looks real good. to bad the bronze gear on the tines and the worm gear on the shaft are chewed up.

Little metal fatigue on my gas tank mount, no clearance on my intake valve, '006 on the exhaut, maybe I'll use the engine off the spare one, no clue when it last ran, still has spark and 95 lbs compression. My engine had a set of rings about in '82, it's been a great one. Still no ridge ring in the cly bore, maybe I will rebuild it.;)

Tires are Goodyear 4.00x 8. According to the invoice from 1973 they cost me an extra 22 dollars.:) installed when bought new from the factory. IF, I can get the hubs to break lose off the axle I would like to fix the right one as it has been flat every spring for about the past 20 years.C So far AreoKroil has met it's match after about 30 hours of soaking. Heat hasn't helped yet either. Haven't figured any way to put a puller through the rim yet, been driving 2 pickle forks between the hub and the tranny.

I would try hammmering a pipe onto it to drive it in slightly. There should be enough bearing clearance to allow it to jar loose then pull off the right way.

If you can get the tires popped off the rims, a plumber's gasoline fired blow torch should give you enough heat to break loose rims from shafts.