Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sunday Pow'r Max Haul

brad52

the first load came home this past sunday. this thread is in reference to an earlier thread I started about these tractors i'm buying. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=102653 i went to get the 1st pow'r max( a 9020 with rear pto and 3pt.hitch) this past weekend, and got to see and pick up a bunch of the attachments and accessories with it. brought home a 60 inch mower deck, 2 brinly 12” turnplows, a cole seed planter(needs alot of work), a very nice 2 gang discs, also various drawbar sets, wheel weights, and a bunch of shovel plows and cultivator knives. what's left to get on the next haul includes the 4040 tractor, a mower deck shell, 60” dozer blade with hydraulics, a harrow/cultivator,a bunch of manuals, and hopefully a few pieces of the missing sheetmetal. I forgot to check what size and brand tires were on the orange tractor but I plan to haul it this sunday. more pics next week. here's a few new pics..

the story is that the man i bought this from inherited this stuff from a good friend or relative. he had no need for it, and the property that they were sitting on was being sold. it was on craigslist with no pics and i think the heading just said simplicity tractors or something like that. i tried looking it up but it's gone now.

Very nice haul. I thought there were only 2 tractors. You said you still have a 4040 and some more stuff to get home? What a find.

yes there are only those 2 tractors. sorry for the confusion. i just took a couple of pics of the orange one when i was picking up the 9020. i now realize that the orange one is probably a 4041 because it has the cckb engine.

it looks like the orange one has the floatation package wheels and tires (factory would have been turfs) the rears are probably 31 15 15's or 29 12.50 15's.the other one looks like it has the ag package wheel/tire setup.in the pic you can see the rears are 8-16's which are about 30 inches tall.you can also get a 33 inch tall 16 and i believe its 9 or 9.50 wide.

the 9020 tractor only has 268 hours on the working meter, but i really can't tell if the hours are accurate. the tractor is old, rusty and dirty. it is 30 or so years old and has been mostly used for agriculture. some of the sheetmetal (heat shield, cylinder shroud,battery cover and bottom plate are missing but hopefully not gone. (i was informed that there may be some sheetmetal and i will pick it up this weekend.) both foot boards had a coating of grease on them with really no sign of where it came from, possibly because the cable guards are missing??, but the engine doesn't seem to have leaks and this grease was evenly spread out on both footboards. anyway are there any telling signs of how many hours may really be on it?? i might add that compared to the one (a 4041 with over 2000 hrs) that i already have, it runs quieter and feels tighter.

• 2 weeks later...
we went and got the rest of the stuff last sunday including the orange 4041 tractor, a 60" mower deck shell, 3 pt. cultivator/harrow and the 60" dozer blade. also got some manuals, a '64 simplicity brochure, and a bunch of misc. parts including a mule drive. i was going to fix up the orange 4041 and sell it, but it looks like i probably will part it out since the motor is blown and the wiring harness is a mess. the 9020 runs very well and i'm going to keep it. does anyone know why the hydro units in this 9020 and my old 4041 (which i've had a few years) would sound so different from each other?