Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Let the guessing begin

acken

I was going to wait until complete, but I haven't posted pics in awhile. Anyone care to make a guess on what it will be? I will post more pics later, and some explanations.

A yellow Powermax?sm06:p:D It looks like a great start to whatever it is but what's the upright part of the angle iron in the front for? Dan

quote:
Originally posted by Killer_A-C
Dan that is the front axle rear support...
OK, now I can see that! I just don't enough experience working on the FDT's to quickly identify their parts. I also see the steering gear could point towards a certain range of tractors but again I don't know them well enough to figure out which. I also don't recognize what the bracket under the lift shaft assembly, any help there? Dan

If you look closely you'll notice that the bulge in the frame where the oil fill usually is has been reworked, I'll guess that it'll be a repower of some sorts......

Here are some more clues. I have wanted to do an electric conversion for some time. I purchased an older Otis golf cart for the motor. I am upgrading to solid state motor controls, instead of the old resister style. The left hand pedal will control the pedal box(speed control). I plan on using 3 deep cycle 12volt batteries. One where gas tank used to be(no one mentioned floor under gas tank lowered). And the other two over the 36volt series motor.

What's funny is that I just found out this hour that John Deere made an electric 90 and 96 back in 1972 - 74. I don't know much about them except the 90 was a rider, it had three electric motors and I believe one of the motors were used for the blades. I saw the 96 mentioned but I have not tried to look it up. I believe in increasing my piston count and the electrics don't help.

Looking good. What HP equivalent do you think you'll get, about 8 to 9? This will have great starting torque and you can sneak up on squirrels.

Yes, it is a chrome hood, it was on a parts tractor my son purchased last year, this seemed like a good use for it. I am not sure what to call it yet, it will most likely have lightning bolt theme in the decals. Horsepower-wise I am not sure, for now I am measuring it in "Cool Factor". I hope to run it in some show parades this summer.

I like the diamond plate grill^ Besides the noise factor what are the advantages of the electric motor vs the cast iron Briggs. Not to say its a bad idea but I would have just kept using the old Briggs and kept it original.

Great imagination you've got there!dOd Looks to be coming together nicely, I like your craftsmanship.8D Looking forward to the finished product.