Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
sammiefish

cross ref tillers!! uuhhh!!!

sammiefish
I have an AC 310 The AC tiller that would fit is 1600346. Now, I am having trouble figuring out if a Simplicity tiller 990694 will fit the AC 310. I tried to cross ref the tractors but there is no cross for the 3 or 400 series tractors. any idea how or where I might find this information? anyone, anyone?? thanks

johnmonkey
I am not 100% sure, however, I think that the 300-400 series attachments will not work on other A/C or simplicities. There were anti-trust laws or something of that nature in effect at the time. I think the attachment points are not on the same centers. I'm sure someone else with more knowledge will chime in. jh

sammiefish
ive uploaded a photo of the lift tube on the back of the tractor. (I cant figure out how to put it in my post yet) it may be 1 1/8" or 1" depending on the year (71 or 72) its not completely clear but from my research I have a 1 1/8". That isnt my big worry, I can machine something or get the right lift tube or a different lift bar. my concern is the ability of the clutch / pulley assembly lining up correctly (sideways distance so the drive pulley lines up with the pto pulley) and the various idler pulleys work for the clearances and distance. I can always get different size belts etc.

i got the pics in... Yeahhhh!!!!

sammiefish
BTW, This was my grandparents tractor on their farm .... Ive been riding this since I was 6. The original bill of sale from Burns Bros. in Bath, NY w/ a wagon was for over $1000 in 72 (and nevermind my brothers JD in the pic!!!)

joshuaareed
The rear hitch assemblies are the same as the Simplicities and A/C's the differences are the mower decks and the front hitch's, as far as I know. The mower decks had a right hand discharge and they were driven off of the front of the engine via a clutch similar to the 3300 series.

ambler
Does 300 and 400 series have a cone clutch pto off the bevel gear box? do they use same pulley system as 7000 series? The tiller I have is 1 1/8" lift rod and its a white 36" with Allis stickers It has a clutch on top of the tiller, which would leave me to believe the tractor has an unclutched PTO for rear attachments.

ambler
Pics Note Hand clutch on top, very little wear on tines. and the weird plates hanging down from the bottom hitch.

Note the sleeve on the lift rod to make it 1 1/8 "

Only make on it that I can find we serial number