Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Stripes

Chris727

This week is my Spring Break. Taking advantage of the time to catch up and get ready for spring. The weather has been fairly nice and the grass has grown somewhat. Still had the mower decks on the B-110, 416-H, and B-210 from last year. I prefer using the B-210 and needed to do a little maintenance on it. I Wanted to warm it up a little before changing the oil so I made some new stripes. Nice to smell that fresh cut grass once again:)

I need to get the hood back onto it but am waiting to resolve some "gas tank" issues, have a murray tank stuck on it for now. Decided to change the BGB oil as well.

Chris, is the extended oil-fill tube something you made up or is it a stock part/assy? That would sure make checking and filling alot easier.

Looks great Chris. im gonna start mowing soon i hope. just got to fix up the newly aquired 48 inch deck i got for my 3212V.

Looks good Chris, my stripes are still there from last fall but yellow not green. can't wait for some warm weather

I just did some last week before I sold my 2010. Had to test it all to make sure it was kosher. Nice to see a mowed yard when I come home nowsm01

Thanks for the comments guys. Jim, the oil fill tube is stock, this is a newer 10hp replacement (circa 1990). I've never seen one on a stock engine in a Simplicity but Gilson used them in the '70s, my '71 Sears also has one. Its funny you asked because I just removed this assy last night.

The previous owners hacked the grill housing to accomodate the tube, It never did line up right. The block is tapped and you can screw in a standard oil fill cap in place of the tube. I like the long dipstick for RBT's but not the FDTs. I guess because of the "bolt-on" hoods. I plan to use the tube on my 7016H instead.