Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Profitable Road Trip

xenon172

This was a little unusual and a nice change from the normal routine. An acquaintance needed someone to pick up a chipper for him that was about 6 hours from here. He couldn't find anyone to do it despite the fact that he was offering pretty good money so we finally got talked into it. We are always looking to put some cash into the tractor fund so we decided to make it really worth while and since we were headed up to Maine we started taking orders for fresh lobsters. Headed out at about 3AM and crossed the boarder into Maine just after dawn and still had a ways to go up to Union where the chipper was located. It was a nice machine, 12 hp DR chipper and a little pricey but it wasn't our money so we quickly got it loaded and headed back towards the coast to pick up the lobsters. Fortunately we had called ahead and just about $1000 dollars of lobsters were just being packed up when we got there. Shortly we were back on the road headed south back to NW Connecticut. We arrived back in town on schedule and handed out all the lobsters and made about $100 profit on that deal. I have never had lobster that were as good as these turned out to be and everyone who bought one had the same opinion. We delivered the chipper and the guy gives us his old one, an older Craftsman that still works great. That was unexpected and the icing on the cake for an already great day. All in all the tractor fund grew and we got a new and useful piece of equipment. Sometimes thing are good.

Congratulations on a good trip. ^ I love visiting Maine in the Fall. Maine has the best seafood of anywhere I have traveled. :)

And the buyer of the DR chipper will be very happy with his purchase. I've had one just like it since 2003, wouldn't be without it. Great machine. John U

i love going to maine my family goes 1 or 2 times a year and we all have a great time! congrats and thats a nice DR the buyer got!

Wow you just made me hungry nice trip we head to maine alot we get the model A parts there and every other monday night there is a model A show in shapliegh and yes it is the best seafood. Thanks for the pics time for a trip now!!!!