Jump to content

Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My first simplicty...love at first site


onebadfish

Recommended Posts

I have to say thank you to all who contribute here. I always knew simplicity was a strong brand but the information here pushed me over the edge. Especially the post that stated the 7100 series are tough as nails. I was looking for a lawn tractor and didn't see anything in my price range in a new tractor and the quality of most seemed sketchy in my price range. Then I found this 7117 on ebay with the necessary snow removal gear I needed. Well I won the auction and am in love. This tractor appears to be very well maintained and clean for it's age. She runs great. I am not sure how old it is and would love to know, but am pretty sure this model was only made in the 1980's? Thanks for allowing me to join your forum. I have posted some pics of my new machine.






Link to comment
Share on other sites

Welcome aboard. If that is a Kohler KT17 series 1. Be careful on slopes. The high side will starve for oil and she will blow. I have a 7119 with a series 1 and I bought it used for $250.00 with a blown motor. jh
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very Nice, Newer deck and blower too! According to my service info, the 7117 was made from 1979 to 1990. Is that a 72 Ford in the background? Any restoration plans for it?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Heya Tim! Awesome start to the ever addictive hobby that these tractors have. Just don't go to the ATTACHMENTS page for your new find!!!! Hehe...actually, please do....that's half the fun of owning these machines is acquiring the attachments. Welcome to the club!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Put the engine codes and serial numbers up and we'll tell you if its a series two and year of manufacture
Link to comment
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by MPH
Nice clean find for your first tractor, even if it is a RBT with plumbing under the hood.:D
OK sorry newbie here. I have read "RBT" here many times and have no idea what it stands for? I am sure plumbing means hydraulic lift? Thanks, Tim
Link to comment
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by johnmonkey
Welcome aboard. If that is a Kohler KT17 series 1. Be careful on slopes. The high side will starve for oil and she will blow. I have a 7119 with a series 1 and I bought it used for $250.00 with a blown motor. jh
Thanks for the heads up, I will be mowing some pretty hilly acreage...I know it is a kohler 17 not sure on the series.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by ambler
Put the engine codes and serial numbers up and we'll tell you if its a series two and year of manufacture
will do thanks very much, I appreciate all the nice words and warm welcome from the members here.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by Chris727
Very Nice, Newer deck and blower too! According to my service info, the 7117 was made from 1979 to 1990. Is that a 72 Ford in the background? Any restoration plans for it?
Thanks alot for the info and comments, WOW good eye I am impressed, it is a 1972 f-100. Not original engine (351W) with a tall 4 speed. I bought it from a farm boy in a small town,it was his "hotrod" and his pride. What sold me was the old 1970's style Cragar S/S wheels and the 4 speed. I use it for hauling stuff on the farm. I did weld in new floor boards last summer, but will likely not restore her. I have too many projects to put the time or money into her. I have been thinking about selling her to pay for the tractor and other implements I KNOW I am going to want. It is amazing all parts are available for the old Ford pickups. Tim




Link to comment
Share on other sites

RBT= Running board tractor, FDT = foot dragging tractor (old style), Plumbing under the hood = Kohler engine (not to be confused with a flush toilet 8D). jh
Link to comment
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by goatfarmer
Nice tractor, and nice Ford! Where is Mulliken, MI?
Thank you, Mulliken is west of Lansing and Grand Ledge Michigan, tiny one light town in farm country. Everytime I get ready to sell the Ford I drive it and remeber why I bought it, its just a joy to drive, even better now htat she has floor boards I stay much drier while driving in the rain or snow.;)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by johnmonkey
RBT= Running board tractor, FDT = foot dragging tractor (old style), Plumbing under the hood = Kohler engine (not to be confused with a flush toilet 8D). jh
Hahaha, love it... Kohler, got it. Thanks for the insight.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice tractor! Good luck with it. A worthy goal is to have a tractor for each attachment. That way you save time by not having to remove & install them; just hop off one tractor and on to another. Tacey
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[quote]Originally posted by Tacey
Nice tractor! Good luck with it. A worthy goal is to have a tractor for each attachment. That way you save time by not having to remove & install them; just hop off one tractor and on to another. Tacey [/quote ...or maybe a spare tractor for every attachment just in case a tractor doesn't start or breaks down during use of the aforementioned attachment! Dan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by onebadfish
[quote]Originally posted by ambler
Put the engine codes and serial numbers up and we'll tell you if its a series two and year of manufacture
Here are the numbers, I would appreciate any info that would help ID the year or the engine series number. Kohler Twin 17 Power Pack Serial Number 10194925 Spec. No. 24154a Model No. KT17S Thanks in advance to all. Tim
Link to comment
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by Tacey
Nice tractor! Good luck with it. A worthy goal is to have a tractor for each attachment. That way you save time by not having to remove & install them; just hop off one tractor and on to another. Tacey
Ok I have to admit thats a darn worthy goal indeed. I am not sure the other love of my life would agree at this time, but I must admit...I am already addicted and have been scouring ebay. Kind of like watching Norm Abrahms (sp?) work in his wood shop, I love that he has a different router for every bit...a sure sign you have arrived, haha.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...