Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Found a 412 Loader

mohrds

Just picked up my newest toy yesterday. It is a Simplicity 412 Loader (Equivalent to the AC L12). Unfortunately, the center bracket is missing, the side frames have been cut and modified and the wheel spacers are gone. It looks like I'll be spending some quality time with the welder :)

I could have never taken on this project without all the great posts, pictures, and measurements that others have shared on this site. Doug

Very nice. I saw that one up in Sheboygan right? I know how much it was listed for....but how much did you end up discounting? I will be working on my (Ron's) loader as soon as it is warm enough to pull her outside. So I will be interested to see any lessons you learn. I am 10 miles west of Milwaukee, so welcome to the club, townie.:D

quote:
Originally posted by Simpleton7016
Very nice. I saw that one up in Sheboygan right? I know how much it was listed for....but how much did you end up discounting? I will be working on my (Ron's) loader as soon as it is warm enough to pull her outside. So I will be interested to see any lessons you learn. I am 10 miles west of Milwaukee, so welcome to the club, townie.:D
That is the one. I went up there and met the guy and found out he was an old childhood friend from my neighborhood growing up in Sheboygan :) I also have a client that can make me replacement hydraulic hoses for a few beers so the asking price, while high, was OK with me. Do you have the proper mount kits? If so, perhaps I could spend some time with them and make some exact reproductions. I know Illustrator, AutoCad, Acrobat and can create some exact templates to add to the Tech section here. Plus I just like meeting other tractor folks :)

Here is a thread with lots measurements in it. I know it helped me when I restored my L-12 last year. I made a center bracket for my L-12 it is not too hard of a job. http://simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=38075

quote:
Originally posted by MDB
Here is a thread with lots measurements in it. I know it helped me when I restored my L-12 last year. I made a center bracket for my L-12 it is not too hard of a job. http://simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=38075
That is the thread that gave me the confidence to take on this project. Do you have any additional measurements as far as bolt hole locations and diameter, that center bushing, and any other details that I could use? Did you have to make wheel spacers or did you have them. I almost forgot... I have to make a weight box too, but that should be easy enough to do once the mounting frame is all installed :)

"Mine" is actually Ron Rhibars old one pictured here: [url]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=77816[/url] I have not mounted it to a tractor yet, but plan to do so as soon as I get a running tractor to put it on and the space to do so. I have moved that heavy bugger at least a dozen times in the past 9 months, but it won't be mine until it lifts something under its own power....not me lifting it! :O

quote:
Originally posted by Chris727
Your loader reminds me of the L-12 sitting in my driveway, missing the complete subframe.
I'll come help get it out of your way for you if you want:pXX(sm00

quote:
Originally posted by SmilinSam I'll come help get it out of your way for you if you want:pXX(sm00
Thats very a very generous offer Sam, good try:D I'm still hopeful that eventually I'll get it mounted to a B-110.

Reed i knew you'd post that picture. i love that loader of yours wish i had one. btw, that ur allis loader in the background too?

Seeing all these loaders is inspiring me, it looks like I will have to get to work on mine, I'll have to start buying the steel.

Mike, Believe or not I've had 2 of these loaders here at the same time,but the allis has been sold for some time now......

quote:
Originally posted by ReedS

[img]/club2/attach/ReedS/DSCN1451.JPG[/img]
Here is mine back when it had been freshly painted.
That is magnificent! I hope mine looks that good when done.

So does anyone want to take some measurements of the bolt hole locations so I can begin fabricating my front mount? Doug

If you are refering to the mount that fits in the round hole low in the center, take a look at the loader links in Tech section. The factory set-up is a longer pivot bolt and a "spacer bushing" that that the frame slides over. There were also some dimensioned pictures of the rest of the loader subframe.

talk about jealous man you are so lucky been looking for one of those for 3 + years good grab dOddOddOd

quote:
Originally posted by GregB
If you are refering to the mount that fits in the round hole low in the center, take a look at the loader links in Tech section. The factory set-up is a longer pivot bolt and a "spacer bushing" that that the frame slides over. There were also some dimensioned pictures of the rest of the loader subframe.
Maybe I looked in the wrong place, but over the weekend, I looked at every article in the Tech Section and I couldn't find anything with measurements of the center bar I need to make. I found dimensions of the other pieces, but no center bars. Doug

Doug, This bracket? It replaces the current front pivot and mounts the front of the sub-frame rails.
[img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/Kent/loader_dim_5.jpg[/img]
See link for others. [url]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=38075[/url]

Glad you guys find these old topics useful. ^ It took a bit of time to take and record those measurements...

That is the link I'm referring to. But there are no measurements for the hole location or sizes. There are 6 holes plus the center support. I know I can do it by trial and error, but my workshop and tractor are currently in different locations and my trailer is still at a friend's house :(

quote:
Originally posted by Kent
Glad you guys find these old topics useful. ^ It took a bit of time to take and record those measurements...
Without your effort in making those measurements, I'd be completely lost on this project! Thanks!