Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
CDeHeer

Another AG tire ?

CDeHeer
I picked up a set of 8" Ag tires at a barn sale last weekend. I've been wanting to switch to Ag's on the LL 3310v for a while and this was just the motivation I needed. I need to know if any of the 10.5's will fit my stock rims which currently run 8.5". I've seen the actual sizes listed as: Carlisle Super lug 21.5" x 12 Carlisle TruPower 22" x 9.5" Deestone 21.5 x 9"

If the Super lugs will fit I'll spend the extra $ for the extra width otherwise I'll settle with the Deestone. The 8" I picked up are "Goodyear super sure traction tractor"

Anyone have any experience with these? I googled and only came up with this.

These tires are molded with the confederate flag on the sidewall. [/img]

I'm also contemplating swaping these with the tires on my TB Horse and putting those on the LL although I've never had a problem with traction while tilling.

Any responce about the fitment appreciated.

CDeHeer
I understand that but I'd like to swith from the stock 23x12x8.5 to a 23x12x10.5 My question is will the stock rim allow the mounting of a 10.5" wide tire. Particularly the Super lug with it's actual width of 11" Sorry about the confusion. The 8" I mentioned are for the front.

farmtoybuilder
Zach is correct! They will work fine with 8 1/2" rims. We run 23 X 10.50 X 12's on 8.5 rims on our stock garden tractor pullers. 9.5" ones make tire flatter more grip for pulling! But our stock classes can't use 9.5 rims!

stevenj
The 23x10.5-12 Tru-Power tire is specifically designed for use with the 7" wide rim which is the stock rim width on your tractor. The 23x10.5-12 Super Lug is designed for an 8.5" rim but many have used it on a 7" rim, however, it will have a more rounded appearance when mounted on a 7" rim. I just checked the Carlisle tire website and they no longer show the 23x10.5-12 Super Lug in their brochure. Not sure if that is an error on the webpage or if they have truly discontinued several sizes. The 23x10.5-12 Tru Power has a very flat profile when mounted on the stock 7" rims.

CDeHeer
I'm glad to hear the 10 1/2's will fit the stock rim. I think the Supers look awesome but don't want a bulged look on a 7" rim. I may just go with the Deestone as they are similar to the fronts I plan to mount. Anyone one have any experience with these 8.00 x 4.80 Goodyears I posted?

MowerMechanic
Here is a question, I just ordered a pair of trupower 26x12x12 for my puller. Are these going to balloon out or anything when they are mounted on my 8.5" wide rims?:O

Tom45
The Super Lugs are no longer supplied by Carlisle. However, as Tractor Supply is running out of them, they are supplying them in Hi-Run brand and still calling them Super Lugs. They are marked made in New Zealand. They appear identical, perhaps using the same molds.

Dark
quote:
Here is a question, I just ordered a pair of trupower 26x12x12 for my puller. Are these going to balloon out or anything when they are mounted on my 8.5" wide rims?
yes as a standard rule from at least an automotive standpoint the width can only be up to 2 over or (8.5 can go to a 10.5) or 7.0 to 9.0)this however may change with an AG tire with a tube but safety bead recomends no more then 2 sizes or inches manufacturers say sizes because of the metric system used for tire rating in automotive tires p=passenger xxx=width xx=% of width make the profile height xx=rim size in AG tires rim edge to rim edge = your 26 and 12 wide on 12 rim.
[img][/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Dark/thumbnail.jpg[/img]
http://www.firestoneag.com/search_results.asp

HubbardRA
For information purposes, here is a set of 23x10.5x12 Nankang AG tires on 10.5 wide rims. These sit nice and flat on the ground and look very good too.

MowerMechanic
I realise they are 12" wide and my rim is 8.5" wide. I can run with a tube or without because i sit so close to my weight limit that i dont need to run wheel weights or fluid. I just want the most amount of tread on the ground as possible thats why im going with a trupower. The rules where changed this year allowing us to use after market rims and i just wasnt sure if i would really need to go spend the money on that, the wife will be made enough when she gets the account statment from our local tire company ;)