Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
AC_B-1Novice

My Allis 608 needs some help see the pics

AC_B-1Novice
I had this Allis 608 before I got the others and am trying to decide which one to get going first to do my tilling. If someone can tell me what the numbers stand for on the motor and what that one half of a fuse wire should be attached to would be a great help toward seeing if it will run. I haven’t put gas in it yet so I don’t even know what to expect but would like to get started. Here are the pictures.

Zach
The first 2 #s of the model are the CID. The first 2 #s of the code are the year the engine was made and the next two #s are the month and the next two are the day. The last 2 #s of the code are the assembly line manufacturing plant numbers. The type # is used along with the model # for ordering parts.