Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

patriotic tractor save

memphis

Ok, so it isnt a simplicity, but its cool and kinda rare. So the story goes like this... I went to a guys house to pick up a gravely and alot of attachments (see other post) to try and finish it and sell it for him. Whilst in the garage, my wandering eye spots this tractor and I ask "whatcha doing with that one?" Hadnt thought about it, would you be interested? Sure I said, so it got loaded with the rest. Its all there, motor is free and supposed to run. Decals are complete and other than a repairable crack on the hood, its complete. Not sure the fate of this one yet, but its pretty cool!

They made only a small number of them. Some have counterfieted them, but if it is original it is a highly sought after time to a cub type. There was an article in a recent Lawn and Garden Collector edition. Definitely a show stopper. 8D

I would definately restore it and take lots of pictures as you go along to prove it's autheticity. The you could dress up like Uncle Sam and ride it in the Fourth of July parades! :D Tom

Cool, it's the same age as I am! At least I hope that's a good thing!:o) Looks like it was a very fun weekend for you.8D

Memphis, nice find, glad another member has one of these. If you get into restoring it I could use to see what size drive pulleys were used on the engine and what type of crankshaft it had. I bought one of these without the engine for $25 but want to come up with a replacement as close to original as possible. Would it be possible for you to post a couple more pics of the engine, and maybe the engine's type number? Thank You. Jace, the tractor is from 1975-1976, this is because 1976 was the Bicentennial (200th birthday) of the United States of America. During the '74-'76 years many items were made to commemorate it, just about any product you can name had a bicentennial edition. I also have a couple of bicentennial train sets.

standard 7hp briggs engine. I will take some closer pictures of it when I get back out there to it....