Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
LesH

Has anyone tried this???

nateb17010
I think I am blind now thanks no never built one. always wanted to. looked like a bobcat running gear. I would like to make a narrow front AC. love to see a 616 or 720 narrow front if there is one thing I would have liked to see would be a blade or a bucket. a tractor with no implements is boring to me.

DMedal
To do it the way he did, you'd need a Powrmax or Sunstar with the split brakes to be able to steer (and burn your brakes out pretty quick, I'm thinking) If you're content to go straight then a conventional hydrostat would work. It would be way easier to start with the drive from a zero-turn, I think. I wonder what he used for tracks? in a practical sense, note how much it tears up the gravel. I think an articulated (like Kent's) would be much kinder to turf and garden. But it is cute, for a green machine. -Don