Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tiller use on 7117

onebadfish

Hello, Does anyone here know if a tiller off of a 3416 will mount to my 7117h? Thanks in advance for the help. Tim

quote:
Originally posted by wilm169
YES IT WILL.
Thanks I thought it would but wasn't sure, you guys are the best.

Watch if you have the side mounted filter on your hydro. You need an extra idler pully to make sure the belt does not rub the filter.

I learned the hard way about 3 years ago. Thankfully a local dealer still had the idler pulley kit in stock. I think it is NLA now. I never expected I would need it since the tiller was on a AC 716 before, I thought the tractors were more similar, so I am learning the differences. :)

quote:
Originally posted by Burntime
CWM1276 where were you a few years ago when I got my tiller!!!:D
Thanks CWM..good to know when I find one..ughhh I got beat to the punch...3416h on craigs list with a tiller, both in working order for $250...ugh, I wanted that tiller. Thanks for the info

I think you can still buy the kit parts individually. Its pretty much just a bracket and an idler with some hardware.

here is a previous post with the said kit mentioned by UCD. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=80043&SearchTerms=tiller%2Cidler%2Cpulley%2Cbracket

The rear PTO drive kit 1685225 is NLA the parts 1657712 pulley, idler and 1671233 bracket, idler are still available. The rear PTO drive kit is only needed on 7000, 7100 series Simplicity's and 700, 900 series Allis Chalmers with hydrostic drive with the direct mount filter. The early models with the remote filter do not need it. It mounts on the left side plate in holes provided just behind the cone clutch.

They must have made them available again. Last year I bought the last one my dealer had as they were (NLA) no longer availabe to order. I paid $30.53 tax included for that one.

I just bought the bracket for mine, it was under $10. I figured I would scavenge an idler off a parts machine, the hardware should be generic.

I ordered the bracket and pulley for mine last week and had no problems.I have a pressure washer mounted off the pto on my 7116H.

quote:
Originally posted by 1969nicholas
I ordered the bracket and pulley for mine last week and had no problems.I have a pressure washer mounted off the pto on my 7116H.
Power washer? :) I would love to see pics if you can post them here?

quote:
Originally posted by onebadfish
quote:
Originally posted by 1969nicholas
Power washer? :) I would love to see pics if you can post them here?
The first chance I get I will post pictures. nick