Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

75th anniversary simplicity

aceves

There was a death in the family and we now have a 75th anniversary simplicity with less then 1 hour of use. Some people have told us this is a collectible because only 800 were made. Can anyone give me an idea of what this is worth?

They are pretty but we are all leary of the machine because it has a bad engine in it. Put it on ebay and see what you can get for it. Most of the members work their tractors.

To bad about the engine but thanks for the info. Any idea of what type of price range would be in? Just wonder what starting bid or reserve I should put on it.

I think they TRY to sell them that high Chris, I could be wrong but everyone pretty much steers away from them or at least expects to put a motor in it right away so the value is better then an old 7100 but not all that much better. The auction usually end at 1500 bucks with the reserve not being met. A dealer by me had one on a special deal for 6k, 5k, 4k, 3k, 2500, I offered him 1500 bucks, I think he eventually sold it. It had a few parade miles and that was literally all it had. Your mileage will vary value accordingly:D

with only 1 hr of use I'd say $3000 is a bare minimum that engine should last 300hrs and then a repower would be pretty cheap with a used engine.Comparable garden tractor today would run you $7000+ and I'd rather have one of these that is virtually new.

It varies I know where there is one with 380 hrs on it,still a brand new one of these tractors with no engine at all is worth a considerable amount.

The most I'd go is $1000, because you know it will need repowered soon, which would cost another 500 for a do it yourself, or Al Eden would charge $1000 or more to do it right. I also would stipulate that the seller lie to my wife and say that I paid $350. Good luck with your tractor. It is a pretty one. Tacey

I paid $4500 for one 4 years ago that was new out of the crate from a Simplicity dealer on E-bay. That was with the factory warrantee. End of last year I had to replace the fuel pump due to loss of prime after sitting. For this season I need to yank the carb out and try to richen up the mixture, as it was running very lean even with the new pump. Good luck what ever you chose to do with it.

Keep the tractor unless you are needing money.If it has only 1 hr you wont find any like that to often.I had a AGCO 918 which is the same tractor.Tractor had a fuel pump put on which they were known to have that problem,& also had valve cover gaskets replaced under warranty.Keep the fins cleaned out after each use on the motor & you shouldnt have any trouble. My tractor just got traded in within the last month & is still on the original motor.

You could try doing a search on Craigslist to see what other tractors like it are worth. I found 3, one each in Indianapolis, Akron, Oh, and Mansfield, Oh. Good Luck:)

If I had money to just blow I'd get me one of them and park it in my livingroom, most beautiful garden tractor ever built imo.