Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Simpleton7016

Tiller Drive bearings

Simpleton7016
I am restoring a couple of these old style tiller drives back to as good of condition as possible. These are real stubborn boogers to get apart by the way. Whew!! Anyway, I got them apart and have them all electroysis'd and rust-proofed. Though the bearings are in pretty good condition, I like to replace my "e-bay" items with new hardware and bearings and gobs of anti-seize. Does anyone have a source for these particular bearings? I have pulled apart a lot of implements, but have never come across these before. Also, does anyone know off the top of their heads what length belt(s) these take?
[img]/club2/attach/Simpleton7016/Tillerdrive.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Simpleton7016/Tillerbearing.jpg[/img]

Chris727
My local farm & home supply (Orcheln) has them but they're chinese, I think they're about $15. Tractors Supply Co might also have them. Genuine Fafnirs were over $30 from a bearing supplier, I think, been a while since I looked into it.

Simpleton7016
Thanks guys....I plan to rebuild a snowthrower this summer, so if these do turn out to be the same, it may be wise to purchase a bunch of 'em. Of course, if I pull apart my snowthrower now, we will get that April blizzard that we seem to be burdened with every 4 or 5 years.

cojo92
[url]www.thebigbearingstore.com[/url] Got all my tiller bearings there. and there cheap too! paid $6 a piece for mine. great store. and a trusted one too. FAST SHIPPING TOO! :D:D Hope that helps you! Mike

BLT
Larry how long before they can get you one. If it is a day or so you are still better off in a sense as they are getting more and more into L & G parts. For me it is a two block walk.